Ironman Wisconsin: Preface

For more than a year now, this blog has been my refuge. It's where I've sorted out hard feelings and hard rides. It's where I've complained, pondered, and lamented. It's where I've vented my insecurities. And in response, it's where I've received so many incredible validations and affirmations.

But this week, I've been avoiding it like the dentist. It's not because I no longer have a need for this blog -- I do (more on that later). It's not because I haven't had time, because I suddenly have all the time in the world. Most simply, it is because Sunday, September 9th was one of the most amazing experiences of my life. And therein lies the rub: because it was so incredible, so life-changing, I feel I owe the write up of it something inspired and brilliant. Yet, the day was so free of drama, it went so smoothly and was so much fun, that I'm at a loss of exactly what to say. And that is neither inspired nor brilliant.

So, before the details of my Ironman day begin to fade, I have decided to exactly what I did a year ago yesterday: I am simply going to jump in and start, and let the pieces fall where they may.

First up, the swim.

Posted by Erin 2:21 PM

4 Comments:

  1. RunBubbaRun said...
    I know how you feel, not sure how to write a race report write now,,

    But your right, just go at it,,

    Can't wait to hear about your IM day..
    qcmier said...
    I love reading your writing probably because so many of your thoughts, feelings, and experiences were like mine last year.

    I can not wait to hear about your awesome race day!
    Steve Stenzel said...
    I hear ya. I wanted to write something steeped with meaning, but it ended up being goofy and full of crazy photos yet once again...

    Can't wait to read your story. You looked great when I ran into you those few times on the run!!
    Laurie said...
    It was so nice to meet you on Friday afternoon at the blogger meet-up. I am a little disappointed I had never read your blog until now. You are a great writer! I love your posts leading up to the race, all of the raw emotion exposed for the world to see.

    Congratulations on a great race! You are an Ironman! I am looking forward to reading about your race and following your future endeavors. :)

Post a Comment