Musical Interlude

I've been thinking lately that I need to update my Ipod playlist. Like yesterday. Because I've had the same stuff on there since way before the Green Bay Marathon in May of last year. That means I listened to it training for and during the marathon. And in all of my training sessions leading up to Ironman this past September (and folks, that was a LOT of hours spent with my little pink Ipod strapped to my arm). And in the limited running I've done since. Seriously, time for a change.

So, in the spirit of "I'll show you mine if you show me yours" here's what I've been listening to ad nauseum in the past year or so. Feel free to steal from the list...but please suggest some new stuff for me, too.

  • Dixie Chicks -- Traveling Soilder, Not Ready to Make Nice
  • Nelly -- Over and Over Again, Ride Wit Me, EI
  • R. Kelly -- Remix
  • Fall Out Boy -- This ain't a scene..., Sugar We're Going down
  • Red Hot Chili Peppers -- almost all, but favs are: Snow, Californication, Zepher, and Parallel Universe
  • Akon -- Smack That, Don't Matter
  • Sean Paul -- We Be Burnin', Give it Up to Me, Ever Blazin
  • In a Big Country -- song by same name.
  • Black Eyed Peas -- Hey Mamma, Don't Lie, Let's Get it Started
  • Kanye West -- Golddigger, Through the Wire, Stronger
  • The Killers -- Somebody Told Me, When You Were Young, Mr. Brightside, Smile Like You Mean It
  • Usher -- Yeah, Yeah
  • Eminem -- Lose Yourself
  • Violent Femmes -- Blister in the Sun
  • Beyonce -- Ring the Alarm, Deja Vu, Beautiful Liar
  • Shakira -- Whenever Wherever, Hips don't Lie, Objection, La Tortura
  • Survivor -- Eye of the Tiger
  • Van Halen -- Dreams, Runnin With the Devil, Jump, Panama, Dreams, Good Enough, Love Walks In, 5150
  • AC/DC -- Dirty Deeds, Thunderstruck, For Those About to Rock, Moneytalks
  • Wyclef Jean – The Sweetest Girl
  • Linkin Park – Numb, With You, One Step Closer

Posted by Erin 12:37 PM

2 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Music is my favorite! May I suggest the following, from my running playlist:

    • Paramore: Misery Business, For a Pessimist I'm Pretty Optimistic
    • Fall Out Boy: Dance, Dance
    • 30 Seconds To Mars: The Kill
    • Matchbook Romance: You Can Run But You Can't Hide, Monsters
    • My Chemical Romance: Helena
    • Black Eyes Pease: Pump It
    • Bon Jovi: Livin On A Prayer
    • Justin Timberlake: Like I Love You, SexyBack
    • Modest Mouse: Float On
    • Panic At The Disco: Intermission
    • Plain White Ts: Hate
    • The Rocket Summer: So Much Love
    • Shiny Toy Guns: Le Disko

    I will serious burn you a CD with these songs, if you'd like. Makes a killer playlist.
    Anonymous said...
    Here are mine. Sorry it's a long list. It also all depends what sort of run I'm doing and what mood I'm in but these are in the playist among others.

    -50 Cent: In Da Club
    -Rise Against: I highly recommend getting an album of theirs. It's hard and fast, great for running.
    -Better Than Ezra: Desperately Wanting (Seriously)
    -Coldplay: The Scientist, Clocks, Politik, Fix You and many others. Prolly just a me thing but most Coldplay songs have the perfect rhythm that matches my cadence, great to run to.
    -Counting Crows: American Girls, A Murder of One
    -Dashboard Confessional: Hands Down, Vindicated, Screaming Infidelities (the live acoustic version - fast!)
    -Dave Matthews Band: Don't Drink the Water and What You Are, both from the Live In Central Park album, most energy I've ever heard in a song, gives me chills everytime I hear them.
    -Eminem: Till I Collapse, Rabbit Run
    -Foo Fighters: All My Life, Best of You, Times Like These, Everlong
    -Fuel: Shimmer, Hemorrhage In My Hands
    -Frou Frou: Let Go
    -Incubus: Pardon Me, Megalomaniac, Nice To Know You, Wish You Were Here
    -All the songs on the album Jay Z/Linkin Park - Collision Corse
    -Limp Bizkit: Get Your Groove On, Boiler, Break Stuff, Eat You Alive
    -Live: Overcome, All Over You
    -Metallic: Until It Sleeps, It Ain't My Bitch, Fuel
    -Offspring: The Kids Aren't Alright
    -OutKast: Rosa Parks
    -Rachel Yamagata: Worn Me Down
    -Rage Against The Machine: Bulls on Parade
    -Snow Patrol: Beginning To Get Me, Chasing Cars, Chocolate
    -Staind: Fade
    -The White Stripes: Icky Thump, Seven Nation Army, The Hardest Button to Button
    -The Who: Teenage Wasteland
    -Third Eye Blind: Motorcycle Drive By, I Want You
    -Tom Petty: Runnin Down A Dream
    -U2: Beautiful Day, Desire, Where the Streets Have No Name, Sunday Bloddy Sunday, Bad
    -White Zombie: Super Charger Heaven

Post a Comment