Dear Weather Gods...

To whom it may concern up there:

When I said that I "loved winter running" I did not have in mind the following:

  • Inches and inches of sugar-snow mixed with sand so as to make running in Madison akin to running on a beach, just without the waves, soft breeze, or balmy temperatures;
  • Paths along roads that look like sidewalks, and act like sidewalks, and seemingly used to be sidewalks, but that have somehow been transformed into 3' x 4-mile ice rinks;
  • Temperatures so cold that my Vizslas have actually refused to venture outside;
  • An outdoor landscape where even the middle of the road isn't a safe place to run, given the ice-packed medians, and whole side streets that look more like bobsled tracks for cars;
  • Rain, then snow, then rain...all in the same day;
  • More of that scheduled for Sunday.

And if you think I'm whining, I'm not. I have company. Here, here, and here. And I'm sure elsewhere, too.

And I know we chose to live here and all of that -- blah blah blah-- but this has passed the point of ridiculousness. So please make it stop. Now.

Thanks, Erin

Posted by Erin 11:00 AM

6 Comments:

  1. xt4 said...
    Whatever! Suck it up! A little snow never hurt anybody! Soon it'll be 98 degrees and you'll be wishing for a little snow! Buy some snowshoes already if you don't like it!

    (He said facetiously. As you pointed out, I am so with you girl. I am seriously losing my mind here. This is like Shawshank Redemption, only without the Redemption. Or Rita Hayworth.)
    Team Brazo said...
    A few corrections:

    -- I am Whinning...
    -- I do not chose to live here, but I was born here...
    -- There are no roads, paths instead we drive on pot holes surrounded by ice topped with snow.

    That being said -- 38 today with sun, 30's and 40's this weekend -- let the melt begin.

    Have a nice weekend...
    Anonymous said...
    A-freaking-men.

    This is getting ridiculous. And we need to get out for a run very, very soon!
    Triteacher said...
    THIS may be our week!!! Did you see - 43 on Tuesday. Woot!
    Steve Stenzel said...
    It's better today! IT'S BETTER TODAY!!! IT's great outside! What a nice break from the white shit!!
    Collin Kromke said...
    Now that it's nearly all gone, we're supposed to get more snow tonight. I'm not happy. Maybe I'll just take up drinking.

Post a Comment