Slothness

That's me. It's been exactly 11 days since I've run. Eleven days. And in that time, I've taken only one additional trip to the gym to fit in a too-quick lifting workout.

That is pathetic.

I'm embarrassed at me. Em-bar-assed.

I could blame it on my job, and job change. I could blame it on the weather. Or the killer who's in our neighborhood. But the truth is, I just haven't gotten it done.

Like last night. I got home from traveling for work at 10 p.m.. I could've gone for a run. It was cold, yes. But I've run in worse. And it was late, yes. But how to explain, then, that I stayed up until 2 a.m., drinking wine, as an excuse to catch up with Chief of Stuff after not seeing him for two days?...And as result of the wine-drinking/overindulgence, that I couldn't drag myself out of bed before reporting to work early enough to get a run in.

Sloth. That's how.

And now, as a result of the past almost two weeks of not doing a damn thing, I feel chubby and out of shape when I was right in the middle of building such a good base. And sad. For me. Let's not forget that. Because I have a wedding in Vegas to attend in a month. And my own wedding in about 10. Oh, and a marathon in May. Which is practically tomorrow.

Lord help me.

So, it's starting tomorrow. Again.

But seriously, how many times am I going to re-start? It's never been this hard before to stay on track. And yes, that's me whining. Just tune me out.

Tomorrow, the temps are supposed to climb into double-digits. And I plan to be well-rested and up early (for me). And I plan to run.

We'll see what happens. Stay tuned.

Posted by Erin 3:10 PM

4 Comments:

  1. Team Brazo said...
    I've been running/biking/swimming, but over the last week it has been much harder to get it done. I never miss a workout, but over the last week I've missed 3 days (thanks to the non-stop snow plowing required).

    It'll be Spring soon and all will be good!!!
    Anonymous said...
    May 25 is totally not tomorrow. You cannot leave me alone! You will be fabulous :)

    But, seriously. We all have our up and down moments in training. Eleven days is 11 days, but it's not the end. Before you know it you'll be back on your feet, literally, and feeling great.

    You deserved a break, anyway.

    Happy running! This weekend, perhaps?
    Steve Stenzel said...
    Good luck on the run! And May is still a long ways away - play it smart and don't jump in too quickly, and you'll be ready for that Marathon.

    Happy V-Day!
    Collin Kromke said...
    Oh, what I'd give to take 11 days off!

Post a Comment