Two Words

Double-Brick.

This weekend was a tough one.

After Friday night's "run" I woke up bright and early (for me) on Saturday to do yet another double brick. On tap? Four hours on the bike, an hour run, two hours back on the bike, and another 45-minute run off.

Two more words: boo-yah. (or is that one word?)

Anywho, this was definitely a case of "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger." And, since I'm sitting here on Monday writing this, one would think that I would be stronger, not dead. And one would be right in thinking that.

It wasn't fun (total workout ended up being about ten hours in all, including transitions and refuelling). It wasn't easy (in 85 degrees with a heat index of god-knows-what). And it definitely wasn't pretty (think 14.6 mph averages on the bike and 11-minute miles on the last run leg). But it's one more brick closer to September 9th and it's money in the bank for a solid race day for IM-Moo '07.

And besides, I feel like a badass.

Posted by Erin 1:26 PM

3 Comments:

  1. Team Brazo said...
    Ya, I know the feeling -- probably the hardest weekend so far -- at least mentally. Swimming - 2 miles, bike -- 112 miles, run -- 31 miles. Hard to keep going and going and going...

    Enjoy your week,
    Robert
    Unknown said...
    Excellent work! You are a badass in my book!
    xt4 said...
    Hellll yes. You ARE a badass. Awesome job.

    Check in at my blog if you get a minute - I've posted the grand idea of us Greater Madisonions getting together for a beer or something. Wonder what you think -

    Continued great work. I can't wait for you to Become Ironman.

Post a Comment