Housekeeping

There are certain things I hate doing around the house. Cleaning out the dishwasher, vacuuming, and putting a garbage bag back into the trash can after emptying it are among those things. Color-coding my closets, cleaning out the refrigerator, organizing my cabinets, or alphabetizing my CDs are not among them.

So, in an effort to channel all of my energy these last few days, I've decided to do what I do best: get as organized as possible.

This means that, among other things, you'll find below: 1) an itinerary for Friday - Sunday, and 2) a list of what is going in each of my transition and special needs bag (as I'm sure people are waiting on the edges of their seats for that one...but really, if you spot something missing that should be in there, please tell me), and 3) how anyone not in Madison can check in periodically and see how I'm doing throughout the day.

For those of you coming to Mad-town (or those who live here but are also coming out) to see this spectacle first-hand, first of all, I want to say thank you -- from the bottom of my heart and feet and everything else. You have no idea how much it will help to see friendly faces out there...and how much it means to me. I can't wait to share it with you.

And if you're so inclined, stop by Ironman Village and type in some inspirational/motivational/encouraging words at the message kiosk. If all goes well, those messages will flash up on a screen for me to read when I pass over a chip mat. I'm guessing that by that point in the day, I'll need all the inspiration I can get.

Ok, now on to the obsessive list-making, if for no one else but me.

ITINERARY

Friday

2 p.m. -- massage

5 p.m. -- swim, 20 minutes

6 p.m. -- pasta dinner

7:30 p.m. -- athlete meeting, Monona Terrace

Saturday

8:30 a.m. -- brunch, Marigold?

10 a.m. -- bike and gear check-in

10:30 a.m. (ish) -- walk around IM Village/Farmer's market

Afternoon -- dog park, then off feet (nap or movie, or both)

7 p.m. -- dinner at the Vigues!

Sunday

4:30 a.m. -- breakfast

5:00 a.m. -- body marking and transition opens

5:30 a.m. -- coffee and visualization (bring Ipod)

6:30 a.m. -- transition closes. Hand off Ipod to (someone?) on the way down to the water.

7:00 a.m. -- race starts!

7 a.m. - 10 (god-willing not longer) p.m. -- race, race, race. Then race some more.

10-ish p.m. -- meet team at walkway in front of Monona Terrace under giant Gatorade bottle, then EAT.

SPECIAL NEEDS/TRANSITION LIST

On Bike:

Gatorade

Water

Aerobottle with Gatorade

5 packages of Clif Blocks

3 Clif Bars

Nuun container w/Endurolytes

Baggie with Advil

2 spare tubes

Air pump

Co2s

Spare tire

Bike number

Nutrition plan postcard

Race Morning:

Gatorade to sip on

$$$ for Starbucks

Bike shorts

Sports bra

Black Under Armour pants

Black Patagonia fleece

Ipod

Body Glide

Wetsuit

IM Swim cap

Goggles

T1

Bike shoes (carry out of T1)

Pink Zoot sleeveless jersey

Gloves

Helmet

Duffel bag

*Black Nike zip-up

*Rain jacket

Bike Special Needs:

Combos

Peanut butter sandwich, toasted

Extra Clif Blocks

Extra Clif Bars

Endurolytes

Face wipes

Tubes and Co2 canisters, taped together

*Red Nike wind jacket

*Garbage bag or rain poncho

T2:

Pink Nike shorts

Coolmax tank top

White sports bra

Nike long-sleeved black hoodie

Hat

Socks

Asics runners

Garmin and HR monitor

Race belt with number

Nuun container (endurolytes and Advil)

Face wipes

Body Glide

Bug spray

*Running tights

*Black Nike Took

Run Special Needs:

Endurolytes

Socks

Brooks runners

Body Glide

*Mid-weight running pants

*Other red Nike windbreaker

*Garbage bag or rain poncho

*In case of inclement weather

Post-Ironman (in Dick Pond bag to give to cheerers)

Teva Flip-flops

Fleece running pants

Sports bra

Long-sleeved t-shirt

Black zip-up fleece

CHECKING IN FROM AFAR

You can go here to look up my progress in real time by searching on my bib number (which is 102) after linking to "Track an Athlete." And if you're awake and interested, I'm hoping to be crossing the finish line sometime between 10:00 and 11:59, which you can catch LIVE here.

Posted by Erin 1:11 PM

5 Comments:

  1. ShesAlwaysWrite said...
    No tri blogger meet-ups on the itinerary? Did you not get the word or are you keeping to yourself to get your race face on?

    In case you didn't get the word... the Tri Bloggers coming to IMWI (racers, race volunteers and supporters) are meeting at the intersection of MLK and Washington (by the Endless Pool, if it's there as usual) at 11:00 Friday, 4:00 Friday and 11:00 Saturday. Would be great to see you there!
    ShesAlwaysWrite said...
    DOH! That's WILSON and MLK, not Washington.
    Anonymous said...
    Wow - I need to keep those lists for the next time I do an IM!! You're prepared for anything and everything. Plus, I don't think you're going to have weather any worse thatn what you've already trained in! Don't forget your sunglasses in T1!!
    Erin said...
    Siren -- right...forgot to add in the blogger meet-ups. I'm either going to the 11am or 4pm one today. Hope to meet you there.

    And Laura -- thanks for the reminder, but I HATE sunglasses. I'm the only person I know who bikes without them! Weird, I know, but I just can't deal with them.
    xt4 said...
    Hydrate! Don't forget all day today & tomorrow to be sipping on something. Alternate between water & Gatorade or something else with sodium. Don't overdo it, just be constantly sipping. & Stay off your feet! & Have fun!

Post a Comment