Get to Know Your Favorite (or Just A) Blogger -- Holiday Style

Okay, so here's a little twist on the old game. And instead of forwarding it around to a bunch of people via email, I'm just posting my answers here. Feel free to copy and paste and post to the comments section on this post, or copy and email them around.

  1. Wrapping paper or bags? Wrapping paper. Picking out a new theme every year is one of my favorite parts about the season.
  2. Real tree or Artificial? I'd prefer artificial, but Chief of Stuff mandated a real tree. At least this year he didn't make me hunt around for the perfect one and cut down my own.
  3. When do you put up the tree? Whenever I can get to it, but not before Thanksgiving.
  4. Do you like egg nog? I do, but my ass seems to be allergic to the sheer caloric content of it.
  5. How about wrapping gifts? I do like wrapping presents. I find it strangely satisfying.
  6. Favorite gift received as a child? Saddles. Huntseat one year, and a beautiful Phil Harris western saddle a few years later.
  7. Favorite gift as an adult? Everything that's come in a little blue box with a white ribbon around it.
  8. Do you have a nativity scene? Nope.
  9. Hardest person to buy for? My dad.
  10. Easiest person to buy for? My sister.
  11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Used to mail them. Now I don't do them at all. Maybe someday I'll start up again, because I love getting them. Except the ones with the two-page form letters in them. Ugh.
  12. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Clothes (when I was little), or underwear and socks (when I was little as well). Who would think to give a kid those kinds of things all wrapped up like it's going to be something fun?! Torture.
  13. Favorite Christmas movie? How the Grinch Stole Christmas (the original).
  14. When do you start shopping for Christmas? After Thanksgiving
  15. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Just to play Dirty Santa (see #26).
  16. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Pizelli and spritz cookies that my Grandma makes.
  17. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear.
  18. Favorite Christmas song? Two -- "What Child is This?" and "Do You Hear What I Hear?"
  19. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Travel to home -- the UP, where I grew up.
  20. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Nope.
  21. Angel or Star on the tree? Angel, or nothing sometimes, too.
  22. Open Presents Christmas Eve or morning? One Christmas Eve. The rest on Christmas morning.
  23. Most annoying thing about this time of year? The mall. I have PTSD flashbacks about working at Victoria's Secret during the holiday season. I haven't been able to enjoy holiday shopping during this time of year since. Oh, and the fools who pretend it's Christmas right after Halloween. Seriously, people, there's a whole 'nother holiday in there that deserves its due!
  24. What do you want for Christmas this year? For my condo to sell. That aside, I'd like for Britney to straighten herself out, world peace, and for a couple of the presidential candidates to start self-destructing (Howard Dean, anyone?) to jazz this race up a bit.
  25. Favorite holiday smell? Pine needles.
  26. Best holiday tradition? On Christmas Eve we get together with my dad's entire side of that family, plus any extras people just happen to bring along. Everyone brings a $15-$20 gift to play "Dirty Santa" with. It tends to get a little competitive, but is a pretty fun way to spend the evening.
  27. Best things in my stocking? I don't get anything in my stocking anymore.
  28. Least favorite thing in my stocking when I was a kid? Oranges.
  29. Favorite ornament on my tree? A glass heart that my friend Melanie brought me from Prague.
  30. Always good holiday gifts? Clothes, books, and, although I hate to give them, gift cards.
  31. Least favorite holiday food? Nothing at all comes to mind. Cranberries, maybe?
  32. Who is most likely to respond to this? Stolze.
  33. Who is least likely to respond to this? Everyone else.

Posted by Erin 11:09 PM

3 Comments:

  1. Steve Stenzel said...
    I hate oranges too. But I love OJ.
    Steve Stenzel said...
    ...the drink, not the ex-football player.
    Unknown said...
    Ok, you are not allowed to think any less of me, but my favorite holiday movie is "Little House on the Prairie Christmas" where Pa hides in the barn for months making Laura a beautiful new saddle for her beloved horse, but Laura sells her beloved horse to Nellie Olsen to buy Ma a new stove!!!

Post a Comment