New Year, New Me

Thought I'd share my top ten resolutions as we all embark on another year together:
  1. Laugh more, bitch less. Except on this blog. Bitching is what I do best here. It's what this blog was meant for.
  2. Read more. I'm already off to a smashing start on that one, with five books down in the last three weeks. And, to help hold myself to this one, I'll chronicle what I'm reading and what's coming up on the sidebar.
  3. Start working out. Seriously. Weights and running/cardio/pilates now to prepare for the half-marathons I'm gunning for in the spring, and adding swimming and longer-hours (meaning any at all) on the bike as we approach summer to prepare for Racine.
  4. Write more. Every day, actually -- both on here and in general. Expect to see The Long and Winding Road become a little less triathlon-ish and a little more mylife-ish. At least for the time being.
  5. Be a nicer person, especially to my family. I have a temper, and they often take the brunt of it. I know I can be hard to take, and I'm ready to start making life a little easier on them. Or at least trying to.
  6. Eat better. Less take out, more cooking. We'll see...
  7. Make more time for friends. You know those nights when all you want to do is curl up with a blanket, a good book, and a glass of wine? Well, I have them continuously, and it needs to stop. I'm sure I'll look back on the problem of more dinner/drink/event invites than I care for when I'm 80 and sigh for not taking greater advantage of living in a great city with great people.
  8. (attempt to) Manage my finances better. Again, we'll see... but the Starbucks lattes are staying put, thankyouverymuch.
  9. Not lose sight of the real meaning behind all of these crazy wedding preparations.
  10. Within reason, do more of what I want to do, and less of what I don't. Sounds simple, doesn't it? Well, it's not. Saying no is hard, but getting rid of the dead-weight of guilt in my life is something I've been working on for a while now. Ironman helped in a weird sort of way...having to prioritize working out over random meetings, work gatherings, etc. And now, time to keep working on it. Practice makes perfect.

Posted by Erin 3:58 PM

3 Comments:

  1. Team Brazo said...
    I know I hardly know you but "Be a nicer person" -- you can't be serious. Not sure I've met too many people that seem nicer...
    Unknown said...
    Well thought out goals there.

    Racine? As in SORT HIM? I registered for it too.
    xt4 said...
    I agree with Brazo - you hide that bitching thing pretty well. I've always thought you were pretty top notch.

    Looking forward to more writing, for sure...

    And Racine! Whahoo!

Post a Comment