Weekend By the Numbers

  • 1 new gym membership signed up for, 3 blocks from my office, complete with a free training session, 3 free tans, and a $75 gift certificate to the adjoining spa.
  • 4 miles ran with Chief of Stuff at a faster clip than I think my Garmin let on (anyone know if Garmins can become uncalibrated? There's just NO WAY that we ran 11:30 miles! We were darn near pushing it, after all.)
  • 35 bucking bulls were watched flinging wiry, unsuspecting cowboys hither and yan.
  • 1 Elvis impersonation (hilarious) by round-barreled bullfighter/barrelman.
  • 1 seemingly serious injury to bullrider (broken leg?).
  • 1 great brunch at Marigold with friends we haven't seen in forever.
  • 2 great, potential Oscar-contending movies viewed.
  • 7 miles ran with 1 new blogger friend and 2 VCVs (very cute Vizslas) that went by lickety-split thanks to the great weather, conversation, and company.
  • 1 new pair of running shoes (so new, in fact, there aren't even pictures of said shoes to be found on the net) bought to succeed Root Beer Float Asics of Ironman fame.
  • 1 entry into May's Madison Marathon that came -- free! -- with aforementioned shoes.
  • 1 new triathlon discovered in Madison that I can add to my race schedule for 2008.
  • $119 spent at Triathlete Heaven, also known as Endurance House, on shoes, socks, quick-dry towel, and Clif Shots -- the first (and, perhaps, lowest amount ever spent on a) visit to EH since just before IM-Moo '07.

Mentioning to Chief of Stuff that I'd like fit in a trip to the pool on Sunday if time allowed (it didn't...alas) post 7-mile-running and Triathlete-Heaven-visiting and realizing that I have, indeed, gotten back in the triathlon saddle? Priceless.

Posted by Erin 12:13 PM

5 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Excellent list!

    I should've grabbed that info for the triathlon. I'd like to check it out.

    We shall run again soon, indeed.
    xt4 said...
    Sweet! Love that you're back in the game. Marigold's was fantastic, easily the best breakfast I've ever had, no doubt. Also the parts where CoS leaped in his seat at the movie. Can't wait to do it again, soon - and we'll get that run in yet -
    Unknown said...
    Endurance House eh? I am officially jealous!
    Iron Krista, "The Dog Mom" said...
    Welcome back!!! ;-)
    ShesAlwaysWrite said...
    Thanks for the link to that triathlon! It's so nice to learn about options within driving distance. I'm totally adding it to my list of races, hopefully I'll be able to get it in for 2009.

Post a Comment